Thursday, March 1, 2012

Crocheting, anyone?

Surfing on the internet, I came across people who crochet and how beautiful and cute their works are. It also reminded me of how my aunt would crochet clothes for us. This sparked my interest and I want to learn how to crochet and my dream that one day I will be producing beautiful things.

I started searching for free patterns for beginners and I have found so many! It made me feel more excited than I already am. I have copied a lot of the patterns and my only hope is that I have what it takes to crochet! I wonder though whether learning this craft is easy enough that watching videos and reading how-to's will do.

Next step will be buying my first hook and thread! What's the best kind of thread to use and what size of hook should I start with? I still need to do some reading I guess but still, I can't wait!

I will surely remember to take a picture of my crochet kit once I have it and of course, my very first finished product!

Hmm.. What should be my first project? A beanie, a bag, or a scarf?

2 comments:

  1. I'll buy thread for my cross stitch anytime next week. They sell stuff for crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any idea how much the crochet hook and thread will cost? I still don't know what size of hook I'm supposed to use..

    ReplyDelete