Sunday, February 19, 2012

The so called chocolate

Chocolates! One of those foods that I simply can't resist. I like it plain or with nuts, milk chocolate or dark. It's certainly one of my comfort foods.


Awhile back, my dad tried making tablea (chocolate tablets). We have a cacao tree in the front yard and he wanted to see if he can make tablea out of the cacao beans since the tree was bearing lots of it. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Tablea is traditionally used here in the Philippines to make hot chocolate and it is really good and I love it. Nothing compares to this old-fashioned chocolate drink!


There have been studies about chocolate actually being good for us, in moderation of course! Dark chocolate is said to contain antioxidants which can help the immune system, the cardiovascular system and the circulatory system. That's good news for chocolate lovers, right? It is also said to be an aphrodisiac! Personally, I eat it for pleasure. How can I resist such a sweet treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment